Widely known as one of the top experts in the world in coaching endurance athletes using power meters, Hunter Allen’s goal has always been to teach athletes how to maximize their training and racing potential through analysis of power data. Hunter guides listeners through the history of the power revolution within cycling and ideas to spark the inspiration as to how fitpros can pursue new and exciting business models within the industry.
FitPro Foundations, hosted by Karyn Silenzi, presents: Back in 1990 Hunter Allen was presented with an opportunity that would change the face of cycling on a global scale. Through collaboration and innovation with other cycling coaches and exercise physiologists, the methodologies of racing and training in cycling was forever changed. Popular cycling training programs like USA Cycling, Zwift, and ICG are based off of training concepts from the work that Hunter Allen was instrumental in bringing to the public.
Learn More about Peaks Coaching Group – CLICK HERE.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- The history of power data in cycling
- Training and Racing with a Power Meter
- Innovation & collaboration in the world of cycling
- Opportunities for fitpros
- Can training methodologies used with Pro-cyclists work with indoor cycling classes?
- Commonly seen errors in completing FTP tests
- Balancing physiological demands through cadence
- What training with power will look like in 10 years
- Opportunities to work with Hunter Allen