In episode 21 of the KIPS Personal Trainer Application Podcast we have guest Matt Berenc who is an educator and coach. One of the most important aspects of the fitness industry is education. It keeps our clients safe and it helps foster a fitness professionals development. Matt shares his insight on staff development and experiences with a tier structure within a fitness department.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- The first steps for a gym owner or manager looking to improve their staff training.
- The positive and negatives implementing a personal training tier system.
- Steps when reviewing a new educational program.
- For an entry level personal trainer, suggestions for entering at a health club.
- Tips for climbing the chain of command.
- Whether a personal trainer should get more experience or invest in more education.