Imagine a health care system that recognizes the benefits of physical activity as a way of decreasing the liklihood of chronic health conditions. Prior to the pandemic, a large percentage of Canada’s population was below minimum recommended activity levels. Inactivity numbers are increasing and mental health is being impacted as a result. In his role as Program Director for Alberta’s chapter of the national program Prescription To Get Active, Jeff Tareta has developed a unique service delivery model to better connect the primary care industry with recreation and fitness professionals, in order to prevent and treat many different chronic conditions through the prescription of physical activity, ultimately leading to improved overall quality of life.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- The current state of health of Canadians
- How Prescription To Get Active works
- How Canadians can get access to gym memberships as a medical prescription
- How to ask your doctor for an exercise prescription
- Special fitness tools available to facilities and individuals
- How owner/operators can get involved
- Coaching opportunities for independent fitness professionals
Learn more about Prescription to Get Active (RxTGA) – CLICK HERE.
Learn more about Go Get.Fit – CLICK HERE.
Learn more about the International Coaching Federation – CLICK HERE.