Fitpros may not be aware of the inner workings of the industry. Can any fitness professionals break into the conference circuit or launch their own Continuing Education Course to make additional income streams? Should facility owners have the right to choose which certification programs their staff need? What areas of the industry are working and which are outdated? Tyler Valencia shares his insights. For only being in the fitness industry a little over ten years, Tyler has already had stops at NESTA, NCCPT, and Smart Fitness. In 2016 he started the Kinesiology Institute for Performance Specialists (KIPS), and in 2020 relaunched Time 2 Train Fitness, an online exercise platform which specializes in live and on demand workouts for those wanting to workout at-home. Tyler holds both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in Kinesiology and will be completing his PhD in Health and Human Performance later this year.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- Everything that KIPS has to offer.
- The driving force behind the creation of KIPS.
- Barriers for fitness professionals today (and what can they do about it)
- Why 2020 scared fitness facilities and empowered fitness professionals.
- Growth mindset, negotiating, and using social media to build your business. -How fitpros can be a part of KIPS either as a customer or as a contributor.
- Some ways fitness professionals can immediately improve their current business practices.
Follow Tyler on Instagram – CLICK HERE.