When you learn from Fabio Comana, you are standing on the shoulders of giants. Fabio discusses HIIT programming, energy systems of the body and breaks down several myths within the fitness industry. Fabio Comana is a brilliant international presenter, media spokesperson, and accomplished author. He is a faculty instructor at San Diego State University, University of California at San Diego and NASM, and one of the leading course developers of almost all fitness specialized courses. Fabio is also a scientific advisor for Orange Theory Fitness, academic consultant with FEA Asia, and the creator of ACE’s IFT™ model & live educational workshops.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- Why understanding the body’s energy systems is important
- The 5 tenets of programming
- Energy System overview programming
- ACE IFT Model
- Talk test, VT1, VT2
- The problems with HIIT
- Is EPOC training worth it?
- Programming using heart rate zones
- Fasted Cardio
- Intermittent Fasting
- Steps to becoming a better fitness professional