- Building a group exercise class
- Using social media to promote your class
- The basics of weight management
- Implementing a new group exercise format
- Kettlebells, Suspension Training, Bootcamps, HIIT and more!
- Anatomy, Exercise Physiology and Basic Biomechanics
- Choreography and Cueing
- Flexibility, Stretching and the Warm-Up
- Safety Guidelines for Group Exercise
Group Exercise InstructorIn this certification you will find topics such as anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, marketing and exercise instruction as they relate to group exercise. As the profession of a group exercise instructor has grown over the years, so has the requirements for instructors to teach group exercise. In the industry we have the traditional step aerobics and kick-boxing classes, as well as newer high intensity group training, and more strength training based circuits. With so many formats being available to health club members, it’s important that group exercise instructors become more equipped with tools to handle any job that may arise.