Paige Denison has over 20 years of experience working with evidence-based health promotion programs for older adults and adults aging with disability. She is Director of Health, Wellness, and Project Enhance at Sound Generations in Seattle Washington, where the mission is to support people on their aging journey through community connections and accessible services.
Paige oversees the ongoing research coordination, adaptation, licensing, and dissemination of two health focused programs reaching over 25000 unique participants a year: Enhance®Wellness, and Enhance®Fitness. Paige also serves on the Exercise Is Medicine Older Adult Advisory Committee for the American College of Sports Medicine, University of Washington Health Promotion Research Center Community Advisory Board and is the recent past Chair of the Evidence Based Leadership Collaborative.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- What is evidence based programming
- Connecting health care with fitness professionals
- Social determinants of health
- Aging with disabilities
- Disease-related declines vs deconditioning
- Fitness assessments for groupex programs
- Becoming an Enhanced-Fitness Instructor or Enhanced-Wellness Coach